Defensive Handgun Course
For those that are serious about becoming skilled at defensive shooting.
This four hour class will teach you the fundamentals to draw from a concealed holster and shoot targets at various distances. The first hour of the class will begin with a safety briefing, review of shooting principles, malfunction management, instruction on the techniques for drawing from a concealed holster, and practice executing the skills. Then the last three hours will consist of live fire practice.
During the live fire training component students will first practice the basic fundamentals of shooting and then move to apply the techniques for drawing from a concealed holster. As part of this practice students will engage targets at various distances and angles. There may be some moving and shooting, but it will be limited.
This is a higher level class and as such, you must have taken the Mad Dog’s Beginner Handgun class before booking this class. Or, you can participate in a pre-qual with an associate prior to this course.
- Defensive Handgun Course Total: $199.00
- Audience: For CWFL holders or those wanting to effectively defend themselves.
- Duration: 4 hours.
- At least 21 years old.
- If underage they must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
- Basic understanding of firearm safety and handling. Has taken our Beginner Handgun Course, another safety course with proof of completion, or is able to show their credentials as a current or former law enforcement or military personell.
- Pants are preferred. DO NOT wear low cut tops, tank tops, or open-toed shoes. Hot brass will be ejected from the firearm.
- A valid form of ID
- Pistol w/ two mags
- 150 rnds of target ammunition
- Firearm holster (IWB or OWB) that can be concealed
- Hiking style shoes
- Sturdy belt
- Safety gear
- Shirt or garment that can cover your holster
- Baseball-style cap
- Directly to the Wyoming Antelope Club.