Beginner Handgun Class
We offer a safe and comfortable teaching atmosphere. We were all beginners at one point and this is your time to learn.
In the state of Florida, various rules and regulations must be followed in order to ensure that its’ citizens can handle firearms safely. We are National Rifle Association certified instructors and Range Safety Officers. We welcome questions and will take as much time as needed with you until you are comfortable. Feel assured that no matter how experienced you are, you will still learn something valuable to further refine your knowledge and skill set when handling your firearm.
This class is for those who are brand new to handguns and have virtually no experience with handling them. We start at the absolute basics with the different parts, how they function, how to safely handle one, how to load magazines, and more. This is typically the starting point for most people.
Just bring a picture ID and we will provide everything else needed. If you are needing practice with your own firearms, then that will take place in the 2nd half of the class. You must bring your own ammunition to fire your own firearms. All class attendess will meet here at the store. We at Mad Dog Armory want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn in the desired date and time that they seek for our classes.
Are you already proficient with a firearm and want to learn about the rules and regulations of carrying concealed? Take our Concealed Carry Class by clicking here. We look forward to working with you and helping you learn more about how to better handle your weapon and eventually obtain your concealed weapons permit.
- Beginner Handgun Course Total: $149.00
- Audience: For those who are new to, or unfamiliar with handling firearms.
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Received Upon Passing: Certificate of Completion
- At least 21 years old.
- If underage they must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
- Pants are preferred. DO NOT wear low cut tops, tank tops, or open-toed shoes. Hot brass will be ejected from the firearm.
- A valid form of ID.
- (Optional) Your own semi-auto pistol. We cannot provide ammo for it.
- Safety gear
- Semi-auto pistol
- .22 LR ammo
- Directly to Mad Dog Armory.